Welcome to the 36th Annual Perennial Plant Symposium!
The Perennial Plant Symposium is the only yearly symposium devoted entirely to perennials. This industry-focused conference brings together more than 500 professionals for networking, learning, and special events. The symposium moves to a different region each year, giving participants a unique experience and insight into the region’s perennial scene.
This year’s symposium takes place at the Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, in the horticulturally vibrant Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina region. You can explore outstanding local gardens, visit vibrant retail garden centers, and tour innovative production facilities. You’ll also hear and engage with industry experts from around the world. Most importantly, you’ll spend time with the best in the industry.
- Registration is still open! Customize your experience and maximize your time at the symposium with our range of registration options.
- The PPA 2018 Symposium E-Brochure is now available to download. This brochure provides attendees with a detailed overview of all the happenings and events throughout the symposium. Feel free to share the content with colleagues and friends!
- The symposium also welcomes perennial enthusiasts with a full day of Plant Talks on Monday, which are open to the general public and industry professionals!
Highlights of this year’s symposium:
The roster of 20+ speakers includes:
- Patrick McMillan – Naturalist, author, educator, and creative force behind Emmy award-winning Expeditions with Patrick McMillan
- Fergus Garrett – Head Gardener, Great Dixter
- Richard Olsen – Director, United States National Arboretum
- Christian Kress – Founder, Sarastro-Stauden Nursery
- Ron Gagliardo – Manager, Horticultural Services, Amazon.com LLC
- Ann English – Program Manager, RainScapes Program in the Watershed Mmgt. Div. of the Montgomery County, MD Dept. of Environmental Protection
- Anne Spafford – Associate Professor of Landscape Design, North Carolina State University
- Richard Hartlage – Founding Principal/CEO, Land Morphology
Tour sites include:
- JC Raulston Arboretum
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens
- Hoffman Nursery, Inc.
- Plant Delights Nursery & Juniper Level Botanic Garden
- Metrolina Greenhouses
- Niche Gardens
- North Carolina State Farmers’ Market
- Big Bloomers Flower Farm